PhD study on MI, SAS
Information on doctorate study in academic year 2018/2019
Mathematical institute, SAS (MI SAS, Bratislava) and its branches:
- Mathematical Institute, Košice (MI SAS, Košice);
- Department of Computer Science, Bratislava (DCS, Bratislava);
- Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science - Joint department of MI SAS and University of Matej Bel in Banská Bystrica (IMCS, Banská Bystrica)
in cooperation with Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, Bratislava (FMPI CU, Bratislava) organizes PhD. study in academic year 2018/2019 in specialization
9–1–9 Applied mathematics.
Standard length of PhD study in internal form is 4 years and in external form 5 years.
Deadline for submitting applications is June 30, 2018.
In order to be able to attend PhD study, it is necessary to have university degree of at least second degree (equivalent of MSc. or similar).
Application form and required documents
In order to apply for the PhD study at MI SAS the following documents are required:
- Filled application form (available only in Slovak :( )
It can be filled for you, but the following information is necessary (can be sent via e-mail):
- Citizenship (what country are you citizen of)
- Middle name, if available
- Surname, if applicable also surname before marriage
- Academic title
- Marrital status
- Date of birth: dd.mm.yyyy
- Sex (M or F)
- Place of birth (city and country of birth)
- Country (current)
- ID number or passport number
- Telephone contact
- Email address
- Current address (street, number, town, county/state, country, postal code)
- Corresponding address, if differs from current address (street, number, town, county/state, country, postal code)
- Chosen topic of PhD study (name, supervisor)
- Finished university (name of university, department, start/end of study (mm/yyyy), academic title, study topic, study subject)
- List of taken courses during university study (each semester) with exam results (A-F)
- Curriculum vitae
- Diploma/Degree or a document certifying finished second degree of university study (MSc., or equivalent)
- List of publications (submitted/published), if available
There is no fee for enrolment into PhD study and for examination.
The examination for PhD study will be held in July, 2018 (precise date will be specified later, it depends on chosen topic) - examination questions are related to the topic of chosen topic of dissertation (in extent according to second degree of university study), language skill etc. Results will be examined be a designated committee (mostly consisting of other employees of MI, SAS).
The limit is to accept up to 3–5 internal PhD students and 3 external ones.
Scholarship amount: Scholarship awarded to PhD. students on Mathematical Institute, SAS is 567,50 EUR/per month before defending PhD. project and 661,50 EUR/per month after defending PhD. project. Currently, no taxes are paid from awarded scholarship.
Dissertation topics in academic year 2018/2019
- Fractional differential equationssupervisor: Prof. Michal Fečkan, MI SAS, Bratislava,
- Topological structures on the space of set-valued mappings.supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Ľubica Holá, MI SAS, Bratislava,
PhD study usually starts on September, 1 unless specified otherwise.
For more information you can directly contact MI SAS, Bratislava.
Postal address: MI SAS, Štefánikova 49, Bratislava, SK-81473 Slovakia.
Phone number: +421 2 5249 7316 or +421 2 5751 0414.